Skip to main content

Pentagon Believes Putin's Goal Will Be To 'Decapitate' The Ukraine Government And Install His Own

Russian forces have entered Ukraine by land, air and sea as explosions are heard across the country and roads are deadlocked with traffic of people trying to flee  

Daily Mail: Putin will 'decapitate' the Ukrainian government in Kiev and install his own: Pentagon issues grim predictions as they detail full-scale Russian assault with 100 missile strikes and 75 jets launched from Crimea to Belarus 

* An unnamed Pentagon official warned this could be the bloodiest conflict in Europe since World War II 

* Putin has disparaged Ukraine's current government as 'Nazis' and referred to the country as a 'colony' 

* President Zelensky, who is Jewish, said Putin was attempting to build a new 'Iron Curtain' across Europe 

* Meanwhile a Kiev official confirmed to Reuters that Russians have taken the Chernobyl exclusion zone 

* Foreign intelligence services have reported heavy casualties on both sides of the fighting so far 

* Moscow's troops are entering Ukraine by land, air and sea after Putin personally ordered them in 

Russian President Vladimir Putin is aiming to 'decapitate' the current Ukrainian government and install one more favorable to Moscow, a grim prediction from the US Defense Department read on Thursday. 

Two waves of Moscow's soldiers are headed for Kiev after entering Ukraine through Belarus in the north and from the south via Crimea, according to the New York Times.

A third wave detected from the Pentagon could be heading to another part of the country, hours after Putin personally gave the green light for his forces to move in. 

Their movements are the 'initial phase of a large-scale invasion,' a Pentagon official told the outlet.  

Read more ....  

WNU Editor: I agree with the Pentagon's assessment.



from War News Updates https://ift.tt/sancFrh
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

US-built first Saudi MMSC frigate HMS Saud launched at Fincantieri’s shipyard

According to information published by the Saudi Ministry of Defense on December 18, 2025, the first Multi-Mission Surface Combatant frigate constructed in the United States for the Royal Saudi Navy has been officially launched at Fincantieri Marinette Marine’s shipyard in Marinette, Wisconsin. The ship, designated HMS Saud with pennant number 820 and also known as Jalalat Al-Malik Saud in honor of King Saud, is the lead vessel in a four-ship program ordered under Project Tuwaiq through the U.S. Foreign Military Sales framework, a deal that defense officials have repeatedly described as a cornerstone of bilateral naval cooperation. Read more.   The HMS Saud (820) has an overall length of approximately 118 meters, in some sources detailed as 118.6 meters, with a beam of 17.6 meters, a draft of about 4.3 meters, and a full-load displacement estimated at roughly 3,600 tonnes. (Picture source: Saudi MoD) Read full Defense news.  from World Defence News https://ift....

U.S. Army Conducts Gunnery Exercise With Latest Air Defense System Sgt Stout.

U.S. Army officials confirmed that a live gunnery exercise at Fort Hood, Texas, is underway, featuring the latest-generation Sgt Stout short-range air defense system. The drills mark a significant step toward full operational integration as units across the force adapt to evolving threats from drones, rotary-wing aircraft, and low-flying munitions. It matters because Sgt. Stout enhances the Army’s ability to defend forward-deployed troops and critical infrastructure from modern aerial threats. Read full Defense News at this link ... A U.S. Army SGT Stout SHORAD air defense vehicle maneuvers into firing position during live-fire training with the 6th Battalion, 56th Air Defense Artillery Regiment at Fort Hood, Texas, on October 3, 2025. (Picture source: U.S. Department of War) Read More from World Defence News https://ift.tt/NYmsS1n via IFTTT

Bath Iron Works starts building new Arleigh Burke-class Flight III destroyer USS J. William Middendorf

General Dynamics Bath Iron Works has started construction of the future USS J. William Middendorf (DDG 138), a Flight III Arleigh Burke-class destroyer that will strengthen the U.S. Navy’s missile-defense and escort capacity during sustained operations in the Red Sea, Eastern Mediterranean, and Indo-Pacific. The ceremonial first steel cut took place in Maine on May 19, 2026, as the Navy continues relying on Flight III destroyers equipped with the SPY-6 radar and Aegis Baseline 10 combat system to replace the air defense and command role of retiring Ticonderoga-class cruisers ahead of the future DDG(X) program.  Read full defense news at this link... USS J. William Middendorf belongs to the Flight III configuration that began with USS Jack H. Lucas (DDG 125), the first Flight III destroyer commissioned in October 2023. (Picture source: US Navy) Read more... from World Defence News https://ift.tt/tSRkVWI via IFTTT