Skip to main content

Did North Korea Faked The Launch Of Its 'Monster Missile'?

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un (center) walks around what the country says is a Hwasong-17 intercontinental ballistic missile  

Daily Mail: North Korea FAKED launch of its 'monster missile' - backed with ridiculed slow-mo footage of Kim Jong Un - after humiliating earlier test saw Hwasong-17 explode near Pyongyang 

* The 'monster missile' which Kim posed with is actually an old weapon from 2017 

* South Korea and the Pentagon spotted 'discrepancies in North Korea's account' 

* Faked Top Gun-lite clip was attempt to cover up failed launch over Pyongyang 

* Costly debacle, which saw debris rain down on capital, ignored by state media 

* 'Pyongyang residents must have been shocked' and Kim humiliated: Seoul MP 

Kim Jong Un faked the 'monster missile' launch from his Top Gun-inspired propaganda clip, according South Korea and the US. North Korea claimed last week it had successfully test-fired a Hwasong-17 missile, a long-range ballistic missile which analysts say may be capable of carrying nuclear warheads. 

But after consulting satellite images and weather forecasts, Seoul and Washington analysts agree the weapon in the video was really a Hwasong-15, a smaller and less powerful missile first paraded five years ago. 

Read more .... 

 Did North Korea Faked The Launch Of Its 'Monster Missile'?  

Seoul: N. Korea fired old ICBM, not new big one, last week -- AP  

North Korea faked launch of 'monster' missile, says Seoul -- DW  

North Korea did not launch 'monster' missile as they claimed, South Korean lawmakers say -- ABC News  

S.Korea says N.Korea staged 'largest ICBM' fakery to recover from failed test -- Reuters  

North Korea believed to have faked launch of ‘monster missile’: report -- NYPost  

North Korean ICBM launch was staged; older missile used, Seoul says -- UPI



from War News Updates https://ift.tt/YEAkvaU
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

US-built first Saudi MMSC frigate HMS Saud launched at Fincantieri’s shipyard

According to information published by the Saudi Ministry of Defense on December 18, 2025, the first Multi-Mission Surface Combatant frigate constructed in the United States for the Royal Saudi Navy has been officially launched at Fincantieri Marinette Marine’s shipyard in Marinette, Wisconsin. The ship, designated HMS Saud with pennant number 820 and also known as Jalalat Al-Malik Saud in honor of King Saud, is the lead vessel in a four-ship program ordered under Project Tuwaiq through the U.S. Foreign Military Sales framework, a deal that defense officials have repeatedly described as a cornerstone of bilateral naval cooperation. Read more.   The HMS Saud (820) has an overall length of approximately 118 meters, in some sources detailed as 118.6 meters, with a beam of 17.6 meters, a draft of about 4.3 meters, and a full-load displacement estimated at roughly 3,600 tonnes. (Picture source: Saudi MoD) Read full Defense news.  from World Defence News https://ift....

U.S. Army Conducts Gunnery Exercise With Latest Air Defense System Sgt Stout.

U.S. Army officials confirmed that a live gunnery exercise at Fort Hood, Texas, is underway, featuring the latest-generation Sgt Stout short-range air defense system. The drills mark a significant step toward full operational integration as units across the force adapt to evolving threats from drones, rotary-wing aircraft, and low-flying munitions. It matters because Sgt. Stout enhances the Army’s ability to defend forward-deployed troops and critical infrastructure from modern aerial threats. Read full Defense News at this link ... A U.S. Army SGT Stout SHORAD air defense vehicle maneuvers into firing position during live-fire training with the 6th Battalion, 56th Air Defense Artillery Regiment at Fort Hood, Texas, on October 3, 2025. (Picture source: U.S. Department of War) Read More from World Defence News https://ift.tt/NYmsS1n via IFTTT

Bath Iron Works starts building new Arleigh Burke-class Flight III destroyer USS J. William Middendorf

General Dynamics Bath Iron Works has started construction of the future USS J. William Middendorf (DDG 138), a Flight III Arleigh Burke-class destroyer that will strengthen the U.S. Navy’s missile-defense and escort capacity during sustained operations in the Red Sea, Eastern Mediterranean, and Indo-Pacific. The ceremonial first steel cut took place in Maine on May 19, 2026, as the Navy continues relying on Flight III destroyers equipped with the SPY-6 radar and Aegis Baseline 10 combat system to replace the air defense and command role of retiring Ticonderoga-class cruisers ahead of the future DDG(X) program.  Read full defense news at this link... USS J. William Middendorf belongs to the Flight III configuration that began with USS Jack H. Lucas (DDG 125), the first Flight III destroyer commissioned in October 2023. (Picture source: US Navy) Read more... from World Defence News https://ift.tt/tSRkVWI via IFTTT