Skip to main content

Retired U.S. Three-Star General Says America's Return To Afghanistan Is 'Inevitable' As Terrorist Groups Will Flourish Under Taliban Rule

A retired US general says America's return to Afghanistan is 'inevitable' now that terrorist groups will flourish under Taliban rule. Pictured: US troops help passengers board an evacuation flight on August 24  

Daily Mail: EXCLUSIVE: Retired three-star general says America's return to Afghanistan is 'inevitable' as terrorist groups flourish under Taliban rule - as he slams Biden's 'immature, unsophisticated' plan that turned the US into a 'laughing stock' 

* A retired three-star US general has warned of America's 'inevitable' return to Afghanistan now that Taliban forces have taken control of the country 

* The former military leader, who previously briefed multiple presidents, spoke anonymously to DailyMail.com in an exclusive interview 

* The general says terrorist organizations will only flourish under Taliban rule now that US and NATO have no on-the-ground bases in the region 

* 'The next time we go there, if we need to go there, the 82nd Airborne will probably be the guys that need to take it by force,' he said 

* The withdrawal of troops means the US no longer has 'eyes and ears' in the area - which is bordered by Iran, Pakistan, and China and Russia 

* The senior military leader also slammed Biden and top brass for an 'immature, unsophisticated, ad-hoc' plan and the deaths of 13 US troops last week 

* He said past US presidents have made adjustments to the political plans, based on the best military advice from their joint chiefs or secretary of defense 

* 'In this case there were no adjustments made. That doesn't mean no dissent happened. That's telling,' he added 

The United States will 'inevitably' have to return to Afghanistan as terrorist groups flourish under a Taliban-ruled narco-state, a retired three-star general has told DailyMail.com in an exclusive interview. 

The former senior military leader, who briefed multiple presidents in his role and spoke anonymously to DailyMail.com, said the Taliban regime will create a new threat to America that will eventually require us to invade - again. 

The general slammed President Joe Biden and top brass for an 'immature, unsophisticated, ad-hoc' plan and said the 'insane debacle', including the deaths of 13 officers from a suicide bomb on Thursday, was 'preventable and totally avoidable'.  

Read more ....  

WNU Editor: A sobering assessment from this retired three-star.



from War News Updates https://ift.tt/3t76SPd
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

US-built first Saudi MMSC frigate HMS Saud launched at Fincantieri’s shipyard

According to information published by the Saudi Ministry of Defense on December 18, 2025, the first Multi-Mission Surface Combatant frigate constructed in the United States for the Royal Saudi Navy has been officially launched at Fincantieri Marinette Marine’s shipyard in Marinette, Wisconsin. The ship, designated HMS Saud with pennant number 820 and also known as Jalalat Al-Malik Saud in honor of King Saud, is the lead vessel in a four-ship program ordered under Project Tuwaiq through the U.S. Foreign Military Sales framework, a deal that defense officials have repeatedly described as a cornerstone of bilateral naval cooperation. Read more.   The HMS Saud (820) has an overall length of approximately 118 meters, in some sources detailed as 118.6 meters, with a beam of 17.6 meters, a draft of about 4.3 meters, and a full-load displacement estimated at roughly 3,600 tonnes. (Picture source: Saudi MoD) Read full Defense news.  from World Defence News https://ift....

U.S. Army Conducts Gunnery Exercise With Latest Air Defense System Sgt Stout.

U.S. Army officials confirmed that a live gunnery exercise at Fort Hood, Texas, is underway, featuring the latest-generation Sgt Stout short-range air defense system. The drills mark a significant step toward full operational integration as units across the force adapt to evolving threats from drones, rotary-wing aircraft, and low-flying munitions. It matters because Sgt. Stout enhances the Army’s ability to defend forward-deployed troops and critical infrastructure from modern aerial threats. Read full Defense News at this link ... A U.S. Army SGT Stout SHORAD air defense vehicle maneuvers into firing position during live-fire training with the 6th Battalion, 56th Air Defense Artillery Regiment at Fort Hood, Texas, on October 3, 2025. (Picture source: U.S. Department of War) Read More from World Defence News https://ift.tt/NYmsS1n via IFTTT

Bath Iron Works starts building new Arleigh Burke-class Flight III destroyer USS J. William Middendorf

General Dynamics Bath Iron Works has started construction of the future USS J. William Middendorf (DDG 138), a Flight III Arleigh Burke-class destroyer that will strengthen the U.S. Navy’s missile-defense and escort capacity during sustained operations in the Red Sea, Eastern Mediterranean, and Indo-Pacific. The ceremonial first steel cut took place in Maine on May 19, 2026, as the Navy continues relying on Flight III destroyers equipped with the SPY-6 radar and Aegis Baseline 10 combat system to replace the air defense and command role of retiring Ticonderoga-class cruisers ahead of the future DDG(X) program.  Read full defense news at this link... USS J. William Middendorf belongs to the Flight III configuration that began with USS Jack H. Lucas (DDG 125), the first Flight III destroyer commissioned in October 2023. (Picture source: US Navy) Read more... from World Defence News https://ift.tt/tSRkVWI via IFTTT