Skip to main content

Hungary's Foreign Minister Rules Out Involvement In Ukraine Conflict: Says 'This Is Not Our War'

Hungary's Prime Minister Viktor Orbán (L) and Hungary's Foreign Minister Péter Szijjártó arrive for the second day of a NATO summit in Brussels, Belgium, 12 July 2018. [Pool/EPA/EFE]  

News 360: Hungary rules out involvement in Ukraine conflict: «This is not our war». 

Hungarian Foreign Minister Peter Szijjarto has ruled out that the country could get involved in any way in the conflict in Ukraine because, he says, it is not Hungary's war, although he has expressed the importance of the cessation of hostilities in Eastern Europe. 

 "The Hungarian people are not responsible for this war, the Hungarian people can do nothing for the outbreak of war. The Hungarian people did not want this war," Szijjarto said, according to 'Magyar Nemzet'. 

"This is not our war, we do not even want to get involved, we have to stay out of this war (...) This is the decision of the Hungarian people", the foreign minister asserted, alluding at this point to the latest election results.  

Read more ....  

WNU Editor: None of my friends, readers, and contacts in Hungary want to get involved in this war. And they are not alone. With the exception of maybe a person or two that I know in the UK, there is no desire among the people that I know in Europe to get involved in this war.

Unfortunately, most European leaders have a different view, and getting involved in this war by escalating it is their priority now. But fortunately for the Hungarian people, who voted decisively for Orban in elections last year because of his views on the war, the Hungarian leadership understand the risks and potential disaster if a policy of involvement is followed, and are choosing to stay out of it.



from War News Updates https://ift.tt/j84KlGQ
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

US-built first Saudi MMSC frigate HMS Saud launched at Fincantieri’s shipyard

According to information published by the Saudi Ministry of Defense on December 18, 2025, the first Multi-Mission Surface Combatant frigate constructed in the United States for the Royal Saudi Navy has been officially launched at Fincantieri Marinette Marine’s shipyard in Marinette, Wisconsin. The ship, designated HMS Saud with pennant number 820 and also known as Jalalat Al-Malik Saud in honor of King Saud, is the lead vessel in a four-ship program ordered under Project Tuwaiq through the U.S. Foreign Military Sales framework, a deal that defense officials have repeatedly described as a cornerstone of bilateral naval cooperation. Read more.   The HMS Saud (820) has an overall length of approximately 118 meters, in some sources detailed as 118.6 meters, with a beam of 17.6 meters, a draft of about 4.3 meters, and a full-load displacement estimated at roughly 3,600 tonnes. (Picture source: Saudi MoD) Read full Defense news.  from World Defence News https://ift....

U.S. Army Conducts Gunnery Exercise With Latest Air Defense System Sgt Stout.

U.S. Army officials confirmed that a live gunnery exercise at Fort Hood, Texas, is underway, featuring the latest-generation Sgt Stout short-range air defense system. The drills mark a significant step toward full operational integration as units across the force adapt to evolving threats from drones, rotary-wing aircraft, and low-flying munitions. It matters because Sgt. Stout enhances the Army’s ability to defend forward-deployed troops and critical infrastructure from modern aerial threats. Read full Defense News at this link ... A U.S. Army SGT Stout SHORAD air defense vehicle maneuvers into firing position during live-fire training with the 6th Battalion, 56th Air Defense Artillery Regiment at Fort Hood, Texas, on October 3, 2025. (Picture source: U.S. Department of War) Read More from World Defence News https://ift.tt/NYmsS1n via IFTTT

Bath Iron Works starts building new Arleigh Burke-class Flight III destroyer USS J. William Middendorf

General Dynamics Bath Iron Works has started construction of the future USS J. William Middendorf (DDG 138), a Flight III Arleigh Burke-class destroyer that will strengthen the U.S. Navy’s missile-defense and escort capacity during sustained operations in the Red Sea, Eastern Mediterranean, and Indo-Pacific. The ceremonial first steel cut took place in Maine on May 19, 2026, as the Navy continues relying on Flight III destroyers equipped with the SPY-6 radar and Aegis Baseline 10 combat system to replace the air defense and command role of retiring Ticonderoga-class cruisers ahead of the future DDG(X) program.  Read full defense news at this link... USS J. William Middendorf belongs to the Flight III configuration that began with USS Jack H. Lucas (DDG 125), the first Flight III destroyer commissioned in October 2023. (Picture source: US Navy) Read more... from World Defence News https://ift.tt/tSRkVWI via IFTTT