Skip to main content

Ukraine's Grain Exports For This Year Have Alread Been Sent

Moon of Alabama: Ukraine Grain Exports - Myths And Reality  

A deal between Ukraine and Russia aims to ease the global food crisis. - New York Times - Jul 23, 2022  

BRUSSELS — Russia and Ukraine signed an agreement in Istanbul on Friday to free more than 20 million metric tons of grain stuck in blockaded Black Sea ports in Ukraine, a deal aimed at bringing down soaring grain prices and alleviating a mounting global hunger crisis. 

The highlighted claims are as false as much of the other NYT reporting on Ukraine.  

Ukraine grain exports reach 47.2 million tonnes so far for 2021-22 - World-Grain.com - Jun 6, 2022  

KYIV, UKRAINE — Ukraine has exported 148,000 tonnes of grain in the first five days of June, pushing its July to June 2021-22 marketing year total to 47.2 million tonnes, the country’s agriculture ministry said on June 6, Reuters reported. 

The ministry said the total volume included 18.578 million tonnes of wheat, 22.4 million tonnes of corn and 5.7 million tonnes of barley, with corn shipments dominating the June start, Reuters reported. ... Ukraine reached 54.9 million tonnes of wheat, corn and barley exports in 2019-2020, but dipped to 44.9 million tonnes in 2020-21, mostly on lower wheat production, according to the US Department of Agriculture's (USDA) Feb. 1 Foreign Agricultural Services (FAS) quarterly report. 

Before Russia's invasion, Ukraine had been projected to export 63.7 million tonnes of the grains in 2021-22. 

The above numbers are more than 6 weeks old. Back then the difference between projected exports and exports up to June 5 was 63.7 - 47.2 = 16.5 million tons.

 Read more ....  

WNU Editor: It is next year's crop (which is being picked-up now) that should concern all of us.



from War News Updates https://ift.tt/zqlYsE8
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

US-built first Saudi MMSC frigate HMS Saud launched at Fincantieri’s shipyard

According to information published by the Saudi Ministry of Defense on December 18, 2025, the first Multi-Mission Surface Combatant frigate constructed in the United States for the Royal Saudi Navy has been officially launched at Fincantieri Marinette Marine’s shipyard in Marinette, Wisconsin. The ship, designated HMS Saud with pennant number 820 and also known as Jalalat Al-Malik Saud in honor of King Saud, is the lead vessel in a four-ship program ordered under Project Tuwaiq through the U.S. Foreign Military Sales framework, a deal that defense officials have repeatedly described as a cornerstone of bilateral naval cooperation. Read more.   The HMS Saud (820) has an overall length of approximately 118 meters, in some sources detailed as 118.6 meters, with a beam of 17.6 meters, a draft of about 4.3 meters, and a full-load displacement estimated at roughly 3,600 tonnes. (Picture source: Saudi MoD) Read full Defense news.  from World Defence News https://ift....

U.S. Army Conducts Gunnery Exercise With Latest Air Defense System Sgt Stout.

U.S. Army officials confirmed that a live gunnery exercise at Fort Hood, Texas, is underway, featuring the latest-generation Sgt Stout short-range air defense system. The drills mark a significant step toward full operational integration as units across the force adapt to evolving threats from drones, rotary-wing aircraft, and low-flying munitions. It matters because Sgt. Stout enhances the Army’s ability to defend forward-deployed troops and critical infrastructure from modern aerial threats. Read full Defense News at this link ... A U.S. Army SGT Stout SHORAD air defense vehicle maneuvers into firing position during live-fire training with the 6th Battalion, 56th Air Defense Artillery Regiment at Fort Hood, Texas, on October 3, 2025. (Picture source: U.S. Department of War) Read More from World Defence News https://ift.tt/NYmsS1n via IFTTT

Bath Iron Works starts building new Arleigh Burke-class Flight III destroyer USS J. William Middendorf

General Dynamics Bath Iron Works has started construction of the future USS J. William Middendorf (DDG 138), a Flight III Arleigh Burke-class destroyer that will strengthen the U.S. Navy’s missile-defense and escort capacity during sustained operations in the Red Sea, Eastern Mediterranean, and Indo-Pacific. The ceremonial first steel cut took place in Maine on May 19, 2026, as the Navy continues relying on Flight III destroyers equipped with the SPY-6 radar and Aegis Baseline 10 combat system to replace the air defense and command role of retiring Ticonderoga-class cruisers ahead of the future DDG(X) program.  Read full defense news at this link... USS J. William Middendorf belongs to the Flight III configuration that began with USS Jack H. Lucas (DDG 125), the first Flight III destroyer commissioned in October 2023. (Picture source: US Navy) Read more... from World Defence News https://ift.tt/tSRkVWI via IFTTT