Skip to main content

Saudi Arabia Announces It Will Increase Oil Production Capacity An Additional One Million Barrels By 2027

U.S. President Biden visits Saudi Arabia. © Reuters/EVELYN HOCKSTEIN 

The National: Saudi Arabia: no additional capacity to increase oil production beyond 13 million bpd  

The kingdom said it is targeting production capacity of 13 million bpd by 2027 

Saudi Arabia will not have any additional capacity to increase oil production beyond 13 million barrels per day, Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman said during his address to the US-Arab summit in Jeddah. 

“The kingdom has announced an increase in its production capacity level to 13 million barrels per day, after which the kingdom will not have any additional capacity to increase production,” he said. 

The kingdom previously said it was aiming at production capacity of 13 million bpd by 2027.  

Read more ....  

WNU Editor: Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman was very careful on what he was promising. MBS was talking about "Production Capacity" NOT "production" when he mentioned that they will be increasing production capacity to 13 mb/d (from 12 mb/d) by 2027. In other-words. Do not expect any significant Saudi oil production in the near future. 

 Update: This sums up President Biden's trip .... Biden recommits to Middle East, but fails on oil, security (Reuters). Also this .... Biden says Saudis will help lower gas prices — after denying he’d beg for more oil (NYPost) 

Saudi Arabia Announces It Will Increase Oil Production Capacity An Additional One Million Barrels By 2027  

Saudi Arabia agrees to boost oil production after Joe Biden visits kingdom, report says -- Insider  

Saudi Arabia agrees to increase oil production levels, will help 'stabilize markets,' White House says -- FOX News  

Crown Prince MBS hints at increasing Saudi oil production — but not by much -- NYPost  

After Biden Rehabs MbS' Image, Saudis Announce Increase In Oil Production Capacity -- Zero Hedge  

Saudi crown prince says unrealistic energy policies will lead to higher inflation -- Reuters



from War News Updates https://ift.tt/S4JQR05
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

US-built first Saudi MMSC frigate HMS Saud launched at Fincantieri’s shipyard

According to information published by the Saudi Ministry of Defense on December 18, 2025, the first Multi-Mission Surface Combatant frigate constructed in the United States for the Royal Saudi Navy has been officially launched at Fincantieri Marinette Marine’s shipyard in Marinette, Wisconsin. The ship, designated HMS Saud with pennant number 820 and also known as Jalalat Al-Malik Saud in honor of King Saud, is the lead vessel in a four-ship program ordered under Project Tuwaiq through the U.S. Foreign Military Sales framework, a deal that defense officials have repeatedly described as a cornerstone of bilateral naval cooperation. Read more.   The HMS Saud (820) has an overall length of approximately 118 meters, in some sources detailed as 118.6 meters, with a beam of 17.6 meters, a draft of about 4.3 meters, and a full-load displacement estimated at roughly 3,600 tonnes. (Picture source: Saudi MoD) Read full Defense news.  from World Defence News https://ift....

U.S. Army Conducts Gunnery Exercise With Latest Air Defense System Sgt Stout.

U.S. Army officials confirmed that a live gunnery exercise at Fort Hood, Texas, is underway, featuring the latest-generation Sgt Stout short-range air defense system. The drills mark a significant step toward full operational integration as units across the force adapt to evolving threats from drones, rotary-wing aircraft, and low-flying munitions. It matters because Sgt. Stout enhances the Army’s ability to defend forward-deployed troops and critical infrastructure from modern aerial threats. Read full Defense News at this link ... A U.S. Army SGT Stout SHORAD air defense vehicle maneuvers into firing position during live-fire training with the 6th Battalion, 56th Air Defense Artillery Regiment at Fort Hood, Texas, on October 3, 2025. (Picture source: U.S. Department of War) Read More from World Defence News https://ift.tt/NYmsS1n via IFTTT

Bath Iron Works starts building new Arleigh Burke-class Flight III destroyer USS J. William Middendorf

General Dynamics Bath Iron Works has started construction of the future USS J. William Middendorf (DDG 138), a Flight III Arleigh Burke-class destroyer that will strengthen the U.S. Navy’s missile-defense and escort capacity during sustained operations in the Red Sea, Eastern Mediterranean, and Indo-Pacific. The ceremonial first steel cut took place in Maine on May 19, 2026, as the Navy continues relying on Flight III destroyers equipped with the SPY-6 radar and Aegis Baseline 10 combat system to replace the air defense and command role of retiring Ticonderoga-class cruisers ahead of the future DDG(X) program.  Read full defense news at this link... USS J. William Middendorf belongs to the Flight III configuration that began with USS Jack H. Lucas (DDG 125), the first Flight III destroyer commissioned in October 2023. (Picture source: US Navy) Read more... from World Defence News https://ift.tt/tSRkVWI via IFTTT